Subtle changes in your ability to hear sounds can be hard to recognize because of how gradually hearing loss typically progresses. Even though children are regularly tested, the majority of adults don’t even consider scheduling a hearing test like they would their vision. You wouldn’t ignore a decline in your eyesight, so why wouldn’t you keep track of the health of your hearing?
It’s worthwhile to get regular hearing exams, here are six reasons why:
- Spotting the Signs: Day-to-day situations can expose potential hearing issues. Ask yourself these questions: Do I constantly ask people to repeat themselves? Do I need to crank up the TV volume? Do noisy environments make conversations hard? If you said “yes” to most of these questions, it’s time for a hearing examination.
- Following Guidelines: Until you turn 50, you should have a hearing exam every decade and every 3 years after that, according to the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
- Family History Matters: It’s even more crucial to call us for an appointment if hearing loss runs in your family.
- Establishing a Baseline: We will use baselines, which will provide a reference frame for further comparison to track changes to your hearing over time.
- Early Diagnosis and Treatment: Regular hearing exams can detect issues early on, like earwax buildup or noise-induced hearing loss, allowing for prompt intervention and avoiding further damage.
- Diagnose Medical Conditions: Root medical disorders, like kidney disease, cardiovascular disease, or high blood pressure can on occasion be indicated by hearing loss. Addressing these conditions could improve your hearing.
Your physical safety, emotional well-being, and social life are some of the far-reaching consequences of neglected hearing loss. Remaining alert to significant sounds of your environment, enjoying social situations, and being able to fully engage in conversations, are all examples of how hearing aids can improve your total quality of life.
Don’t miss out on the sound of a loved one’s voice, your grandchildren’s laughter, or an important work meeting.
Safeguard your hearing and keep enjoying the sounds of your life by scheduling a hearing examination with us right away.